State pension sharing on the termination of a marriage or civil partnership
DWP information note published on changes from 6 April 2016
The Department for Work and Pensions has published an information note which explains how the new arrangements for State Pension sharing will affect people who reach State Pension age from 6 April 2016.
It covers State Pension sharing (including overseas proceedings) on:
- Divorce and nullity, and
- Dissolution and annulment of a civil partnership.
It is also intended to help legal advisers and the courts to manage the transition from the existing system to the new system from 6 April 2016.
The information note has sections on:
- The new State Pension
- Existing arrangement for State Pension sharing on divorce
- The new State Pension in transition
- State Pension sharing on divorce etc during transition
- Who the changes will affect
- Valuations of state pensions under the existing arrangements
- Valuations of state pensions under the new arrangements
- Valuations of state pensions under the transitional arrangements
- Information that we are able to provide to individuals.
You can read the information note here.
- Pension sharing