AlphabiolabsIQ Legal TrainingBerkeley Lifford Hall Accountancy Services

Financial support for a child who is informally living with a claimant

Updated versions of form and guidance published

The Department for Work and Pensions has published updated versions of:

The new versions reflect regulation change for adopted and kinship care children.

A claimant will not be paid an additional amount of Child Tax Credit, Income Support or Universal Credit for more than two children, unless the children were born before 6 April 2017 or exceptions apply. One of those exceptions applies if a child comes to live with a claimant informally because it is likely the child would otherwise be looked after by the local authority.

To apply for an extra amount for that child, the claimant should fill in part 1 of the form and ask a registered social worker to fill in parts 2 and 3. A separate form is applicable for Northern Ireland residents.

For the form, click here. For the guidance, click here.