AlphabiolabsIQ Legal TrainingBerkeley Lifford Hall Accountancy Services

Home > News

Form for local authority damages claim after care proceedings published

A form and practice note have been published for solicitors to use when a child has a damages claim against the local authority after care proceedings.

The form must be completed by the child's solicitor in care proceedings when the family court has agreed a referral to the Official Solicitor. It asks the Official Solicitor to consider if the child has a damages claim against the local authority and to act as litigation friend if so.

The accompanying practice note provides additional information, including:

• suggested wording for orders of the Family Court that allow documents to be disclosed to the Official Solicitor

• information on how to provide documents and information to the Official Solicitor once a disclosure order has been made by the Family Court

• contact information for the Official Solicitor and Public Trustee.

For the form and practice note, click here.